Fort Worth DWI Arrests
Are you looking for someone who has been recently been arrested for DWI in Fort Worth? Here’s where to start:
- Once a person is arrested by the Fort Worth Police Department, they are going to be transported to get breath test at the Fort Worth Police Department or to get a blood test at a local hospital. You will not be able to secure their release during this time because the investigation is ongoing.
- After a specimen has been obtained the arrestee will be transported to the Tarrant County Corrections Center.
- Locate someone in Tarrant County Custody.
- While the person is at the Tarrant County Jail, and before the bond is set, it may be possible to get them out of jail using a Writ of Habeas Corpus. However, it may not always be possible to secure a writ, depending on the availability of a judge who is willing to sign the writ. Writs are also very expensive. As a result, they are very uncommon.
- Individuals arrested in Tarrant County are commonly moved to Mansfield Jail.
- Locate an individual in Mansfield Jail.
- Talk to an attorney to determine whether posting a cash bond or going through a bondsman is the best choice in your particular situation. Click here for information on DWIs in Fort Worth.
- The arrestee will be arraigned by a magistrate judge, who will also set a bond. Once a bond is set, any bondsman can post a bond for the arrestee.
- Click here for more information on bonds.
- Whether the arrestee is held downtown at the Tarrant County Jail or in Mansfield, your attorney can post a Cash Bond downtown to secure release, or a bondsman can post the bond for you.