What is a Felony in Texas?
According to the Texas Penal Code, a felony offense is a crime that is regarded as being more serious than a misdemeanor and is punishable by time in a Texas State Jail facility or in the Texas Penitentiary (the “institutional division”) for a term of years. Felonies range from State Jail Felonies to Capital Felonies in Texas.
How is a felony case filed in Texas and what can you do to prevent an indictment?
Arrested for Felony Charges in Texas?
Varghese Summersett PLLC has the experience and dedication to handle any level of criminal offense, including felony cases such as Felony DWI, Felony Drug Possession, and Felony Assault. If your freedom or your loved one’s freedom is at stake because they are charged with a felony criminal offense, we are just a phone call away from standing between you and the state of Texas. We will be there from the beginning to the full and final resolution of the case. Everything from your initial appearance to parole revocation hearings. If you have been accused of a crime – from drug possession to aggravated assault to DWI repetition – you can depend on Varghese Summersett PLLC for experienced legal representation and personal service.
Felony Charges in Texas:
- Abandoning or Endangering Child
- Aggravated Assault
- Aggravated Kidnapping
- Aggravated Promotion of Prostitution
- Aggravated Robbery
- Aggravated Sexual Assault
- Agreement to Abduct from Custody
- Capital Murder
- Coercing, Inducing or Soliciting Membership in a Criminal Gang
- Continuous Sexual Abuse of a Child or Children
- Compelling Prostitution
- Continuous Trafficking of Persons
- Continuous Violence Against the Family
- Credit or Debit Card Abuse
- Criminal Mischief
- Criminally Negligent Homicide
- Criminal NonSupport
- Deadly Conduct
- Delivery of Controlled Substance or Marihuana to Child
- Delivery of Marijuana
- Directing Activities of Certain Criminal Street Gangs
- Driving While Intoxicated with Child Passenger
- Employment Harmful to Children
- Engaging in Organized Criminal Activity
- Firearm Smuggling
- Harassment by Persons in Certain Correctional Facilities; Harassment of Public Servant
- Improper Photography or Visual Recording
- Improper Relationship Between Educator and Student
- Indecency with a Child
- Injury to a Child, Elderly Individual, or Disabled Individual
- Interference with Child Custody
- Interference with Right of Guardian of the Person
- Online Solicitation of a Minor
- Prohibited Sexual Conduct
- Charged with Murder
- Organized Retail Theft
- Places Weapons Prohibited
- Possession of Marijuana
- Possession or Promotion of Child Pornography
- Prohibited Weapons
- Sale or Purchase of a Child
- Sexual Assault
- Charged with Sexual Performance by a Child
- Tampering with Consumer Product
- Theft of Service
- Theft of Trade Secrets
- Unauthorized Use of a Vehicle
- Unlawful Possession of a Firearm
- Unlawful Possession of Metal or Body Armor by Felon
- Charged with Unlawful Restraint
No matter what charge you are facing, you likely have a lot of questions. There is freedom information so we have put our heads together to provide you with some answers.
Varghese Summersett PLLC is the Tarrant County Criminal Defense with the experience of over 550 jury trials. Our attorneys have been named Top Attorneys by Fort Worth, Texas magazine. Put the experience of former Tarrant County prosecutors on your side. If you were arrested for felony charges such as Sexual Assault, DWI, Drug Possession, Assault or Theft, call 817-203-2220.