Steve Jumes is well-respected federal and state criminal defense attorney. Prior to joining the firm, Steve was an Assistant United States attorney who received the FBI Director’s Award for Excellence for his efforts handling complex financial cases.
Steve Jumes has also achieved the highest designation possible for a criminal trial attorney: He is Board Certified in Criminal Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. Steve Jumes focuses primarily on federal criminal defense cases and defends white collar crimes including healthcare fraud, computer crimes, securities fraud, and tax fraud.
Steve Jumes has also been recognized as one of the nation’s leading civil and criminal asset forfeiture defense attorneys. He has testified before the Texas Senate on the issue and is the attorney that other attorneys turn to when they have questions about defending asset forfeitures.
Steve Jumes is a seasoned trial attorney who has taken over 100 cases to jury trial in state and federal courts.
Areas of Practice
- State Criminal Defense
- Federal Criminal Defense
- Criminal Asset Forfeitures
- White Collar Defense
- Corporate Compliance
- Criminal Tax Cases
- Offshore/International Tax Disputes
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- The University of Texas School of Law, Austin, Texas (J.D.)
- University of Texas (summa cum laude)
Memberships, Honors, and Awards
- Federal Bureau of Investigation Director’s Award
- Tarrant County Criminal Defense Lawyer’s Association
- State Bar of Texas, Criminal Law Section, Member
- State Bar of Texas Board of Legal Specialization, Criminal Section, Member
- Tarrant County Bar Association, Member
- Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, Member
- Tarrant County Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Texas District and County Attorneys Association, Former Member
- Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals Bar Association
- Rated 10.0 by AVVO
- U.S. Department of Justice United States Attorney’s Office, Trial Attorney
- Dallas County District Attorney’s Office
- Tarrant County District Attorney’s Office