Christy Jack is a nationally-recognized trial attorney who has tried more than 200 criminal cases. Her expertise in forensics and DNA evidence has led to appearances on Dateline, Cold Case, Forensic Files, and Court TV. Nationwide, there are few who have her level of experience handling capital murder death penalty cases.
In addition to death penalty cases, Christy Jack has tried numerous capital-waiver cases and homicides where the individuals accused were facing life sentences. She has also served as lead counsel on dozens of jury trials for aggravated felony charges and sexual assault offenses.
Prior to becoming a criminal defense attorney, Christy Jack was a prosecutor at the Tarrant County District Attorney’s Office for nearly 25 years. She worked through the ranks of the misdemeanor division, felony division, and Crimes Against Children Unit before becoming a Chief Prosecutor for 15 years. She finished her time at the prosecutor’s office as a Deputy Chief and one of only two Litigation Experts.
Recognized by former Governor Rick Perry for her skills as a trial attorney, Christy was appointed to head the Governing Board overseeing the Office of Violent Sex Offender Management. She is also the Chair of the Criminal Justice Section of the State Bar of Texas, which is made up of over 3100 criminal lawyers across the state of Texas.
Texas Tech University School of Law
Bachelor of Business, Cum Laude, 1988
Honors, Appointments, and Awards
- Chair, Governing Board of Texas Civil Commitment Office (Gubernatorial Appointment), 2011 – Present
- Chair, Criminal Justice Section of the State Bar of Texas, 2016-2017
- Best Lawyer in Dallas, D Magazine, 2017
- Top Attorney, Fort Worth Magazine, 2016
- Texas Lawyer’s “Go-to” Attorney, 2012
- Co-Recipient of Chris Marshall Award, recognizing state-wide training, 2014
- Profiled in Fort Worth Business Press, 2007
- Nominated for Top Business Women of Fort Worth, 2007
- Rising Star, Super Lawyers, 2005
- Profiled in Fort Worth Star-Telegram, 2001
- Special Prosecutor – Parker County District Attorney’s Office, 2016
- Special Prosecutor – Johnson County District Attorney’s Office, 2010
- Special Prosecutor – Wise County District Attorney’s Office, 2006