Christy Jack is a nationally-recognized attorney who has tried more than 200 criminal cases before a jury. Her courtroom skills and expertise in forensics and DNA have led to appearances on 48 Hours, Dateline, Investigation Discovery, Cold Case, Forensic Files, and Court TV. Nationwide, there are few attorneys who have her level of experience handling capital murder cases.
In addition to death penalty litigation, Christy Jack has tried numerous high-profile murder and sexual assault cases during her 25-year legal career. Most recently, she was named a 2017 Great Woman of Texas by the Fort Worth Business Press and a Best Lawyer by D Magazine.
Prior to becoming a criminal defense attorney, Christy Jack was a prosecutor at the Tarrant County District Attorney’s Office for more than two decades. She worked through the ranks of the misdemeanor section, felony trial division, and Crimes Against Children Unit before becoming a chief prosecutor for 15 years. She finished her time at the prosecutor’s office as a deputy chief and one of only two litigation experts.
Recognized by former Governor Rick Perry for her experience in sexual assault cases, Christy Jack was appointed in 2011 to head the Governing Board of Texas Civil Commitment Office, which oversees the state’s most violent sex offenders. Governor Greg Abbott reappointed her to this position, which was confirmed by the Texas Senate this past spring. She is also the immediate past-Chair of the Criminal Justice Section of the State Bar of Texas, which is made up of over 3100 criminal lawyers across the State of Texas.
When she is not in the courtroom, Christy Jack can often be found teaching and speaking about criminal justice issues.
Texas Tech University School of Law
Juris Doctor, 1991
Bachelor of Business Administration, Cum Laude, 1988
Honors, Appointments, and Awards
- Immediate Past Chair, Criminal Justice Section of the State Bar of Texas, 2016-2017
- Great Woman of Texas, Fort Worth Business Press, 2017
- Daniel H. Benson Public Service Award, Texas Tech Law Alumni Association, 2017
- Best Lawyer in Dallas, D Magazine, 2017
- Top Attorney, 360 West Magazine, 2017
- Top Attorney, Fort Worth Magazine, 2016, 2017
- Go-To Lawyer for Criminal Prosecution, Texas Lawyer Magazine, 2012
- Co-Recipient of the Chris Marshall Award for state-wide training, 2014
- Profiled in Fort Worth Business Press, 2007
- Nominated for Top Business Women of Fort Worth, 2007
- Rising Star, Texas Super Lawyers, 2005
- Profiled in Fort Worth Star-Telegram, 2001
- Special Prosecutor – Parker County District Attorney’s Office, 2016
- Special Prosecutor – Johnson County District Attorney’s Office, 2010
- Special Prosecutor – Wise County District Attorney’s Office, 2006