Is incest illegal in Texas?
Incest is illegal in Texas. The prohibition against incest is laid out in Penal Code Section 25.02.
Penal Code Sec. 25.02 PROHIBITED SEXUAL CONDUCT
(a) A person commits an offense if the person engages in sexual intercourse or deviate sexual intercourse with another person the actor knows to be, without regard to legitimacy:
(1) the actor’s ancestor or descendant by blood or adoption;
(2) the actor’s current or former stepchild or stepparent;
(3) the actor’s parent’s brother or sister of the whole or half blood;
(4) the actor’s brother or sister of the whole or half blood or by adoption;
(5) the children of the actor’s brother or sister of the whole or half blood or by adoption; or
(6) the son or daughter of the actor’s aunt or uncle of the whole or half blood or by adoption.
(b) For purposes of this section:
(1) “Deviate sexual intercourse” means any contact between the genitals of one person and the mouth or anus of another person with intent to arouse or gratify the sexual desire of any person.
(2) “Sexual intercourse” means any penetration of the female sex organ by the male sex organ.
(c) An offense under this section is a felony of the third degree, unless the offense is committed under Subsection (a)(1), in which event the offense is a felony of the second degree.
Learn more about sexual offenses alleged in Texas
- Sex Crimes 101
- Sexual Assault
- Sexual Assault
- Aggravated Sexual Assault
- Sexual Performance
- Continuous Sexual Assault of a Child
- Continuous Sexual Assault of a Child under 14
- Online Solicitation
- Improper Student-Teacher Relation
- Indecency with a Child
- Child Pornography
- Indecent Exposure
- Public Lewdness