Leticia “Letty” Martinez is a Board Certified Criminal Law Specialist who has extensive experience handling state and federal criminal cases, specifically allegations of sexual abuse of adults and children, intoxication-related offenses and violent crimes.
Prior to becoming a criminal defense attorney, Letty established a name for herself as both a state and federal prosecutor. She began her service as a misdemeanor prosecutor before working quickly moving up the prosecutorial ladder at the Tarrant County District Attorney’s Office. Over the next decade, she worked in nearly every unit and division within the District Attorney’s Office, including Juvenile, Crimes Against Children and Gang. She served as the Chief of the Family Violence Unit, Chief Prosecutor in the 371st District Court, Deputy Chief of the Misdemeanor Division and Chief of the Crimes Against Children Unit. Letty also served as an Assistant United States Attorney in the Criminal Division of the United States Attorney’s Office for the Northern District of Texas.
Leticia Martinez has extensive experience handling significant criminal matters including shaken baby cases, bank robbery charges, and white collar crimes, as well as rape and murder cases. Her expertise in infant deaths led to her appointment by the Governor in 2014 to a commission charged with investigating child fatalities in Texas. In February 2018, she was appointed by Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick to the Child Fatality Review Team Committee, which develops procedures to reduce the number of preventable child deaths.
Above all else, Leticia Martinez is an experienced trial attorney who has tried more than 100 cases before Texas juries, including capital murders, murders, robberies, assaults, sexual assaults, and other aggravated felonies.
- Baylor University School of Law
- Baylor University
Bachelor of Music, Piano Performance 1990
Honors and Awards
- Honored by Easter Seals North Texas’ Hats Off to Mothers for her contributions to the community and dedication to children, 2019
- Child Fatality Review Team Committee, appointed by Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick, 2018
- Top Attorney, 360 West Magazine, 2017, 2018, 2109
- Top Attorney, Fort Worth Magazine, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
- Rising Star, Super Lawyers, 2005, 2006, 2008
- Protect Our Kids Commission, appointed by Gov. Rick Perry, 2014
- State Bar of Texas
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas