Where can I take a TIPS class in Fort Worth, Dallas or in surrounding areas?
Table of Contents:
- Where can I take a TIPS class in Fort Worth, Dallas or in surrounding areas?
- Theft Intervention Program TIPS Class | Fort Worth Tarrant County
- Arlington Theft Intervention Program (TIPS)
- Grand Prairie Theft Intervention Programs (TIPS)
- Dallas Theft Intervention (TIPS) Programs
- “FAST TRACK” TIP Programs
- Online TIPS Course
Have you been charged with a criminal theft offense? If so, you may be requested by your attorney, a prosecutor, or required by Community Supervision Corrections Department (CSCD) to complete a Theft Intervention Program (TIP).
TIPS, or the Theft Intervention Program, is often a course that proactive defense attorneys ask of their clients who have been charged with theft, shoplifting, or similar charges. TIPS is generally an 8-session program not including the intake and exit sessions. You may be able to find courses that fit all eight sessions into one day.
If you are required by probation to complete a TIP course as a condition of probation they must meet the following minimum requirements:
- The TIPS course must be a total of 10 hours of counseling, a one-hour intake session, eight hours in a group setting, and one hour in an exit session;
- The TIPS course may meet once a week for eight weeks or twice a week for four weeks.
Theft Intervention Program TIPS Class | Fort Worth Tarrant County
You can take a TIPS Course in Fort Worth at any of these locations:
|A. L. Turner Academic Intervention||777 Main Street, Suite 600, Fort Worth, Texas, 76102||(817) 773-4132|
|Animo Education and Counseling||4234 McCart Ave. Fort Worth, Texas 76115||(817) 274-3983|
|Center for Therapeutic Change||6320 Brentwood Stair Road, Fort Worth, Texas||(817) 548-9990|
|Center for Therapeutic Change||5801 Curzon STE 245, Fort Worth, Texas||(817) 446-9770|
|Opportunities Counseling (English and Spanish)||601 University Dr., Ste. 105, Fort Worth, TX 76107||(817) 360-2983|
|Opportunities Counseling||517 North Carrier Parkway, Suite H, Grand Prairie, TX 75050||(817) 360-2983|
Arlington Theft Intervention Program (TIPS)
|Animo Education and Counseling||990 N. Cooper Street, Arlington, Texas 76011||(817) 274-3983|
|Center for Therapeutic Change||605 E. Border Street, Arlington, Texas||(817) 446-9770|
Grand Prairie Theft Intervention Programs (TIPS)
|Opportunities Counselling Center||571 N. Carrier Pkwy. Suite H, Grand Prairie, Texas 75050||(214) 708-7779|
Dallas Theft Intervention (TIPS) Programs
|A.L. Turner Academic Intervention||Inwood Bank Building, 1801 N. Hampton, Ste 410, De Soto, Texas, 75115||(214) 668-6610|
“FAST TRACK” TIP Programs
There are “FAST TRACK” TIP programs, one or two-day programs, which are not approved for probation. However, these programs are occasionally approved by an Assistant District Attorney requesting the course be completed prior to a plea bargain. Consult with your attorney before taking a Fast Track or Short Course. (If you were sent to this page by one of the attorneys at our firm, you may take a short course.)
Opportunities Counseling Center Fast Track Courses:
- 601 University Drive, Suite 105, Fort Worth, Texas, 76107,
- (817) 360-2983
- English: Second Sunday of the month, 11am-6pm
- Spanish: Times will vary. Check website for details.
- Cost: $160. Cash/Money Order.
Online TIPS Course
With your attorney’s permission, you may be able to complete an online course although they are generally disfavored by prosecutors.
Online Theft Intervention Program: